Monday, August 1, 2011

IMATS Vancouver 2011 Final Post

Yes yes, I know you're all sick of me harping on about the IMATS. I promise this will be the last post until next year. I just tried to fulfil my duties as "Press". Stop judging! xD
The student's competition is always a crowd favourite. The winner receives a $1000 cash prize as well as the opportunity to have their award winning work showcased in Make-Up Artist Magazine and next year's IMATS brochure.
This year's theme was Tribal Beauty and students had 2 hours to do the makeup portion of their work.
 HOW COOL ARE THESE SHOES??!!!

Make-Up Magazine was there to MC the event.
This first entry was AMAZING! The lines were so crisp! It reminded me of Maori facial tattoos.

I really really liked her feathery hat xD


This one was my personal favourite. I thought the makeup and costume was spectacular! You'll see a better photo of it later...


The hair "horns" made me think of a Viking hat xD


Hair horn got 3rd place!!
2nd place:
Maori tattoo got 1st place! Veronica Cho is originally from South Korea and is a graduate of Blanche Macdonald college. In fact all 3 winners are Blanche Macdonald graduates!




I found this model very captivating...
I swear I wasn't being a stalker...
The winner!
"Everyone do the Lady Gaga!":
2nd place:
Those nails are INSANE! Her hairdress reminds me a big of the chicken feather duster many of us are so familiar with xD
The model and the artist:
More amazing work from Blanche Macdonald:

Work by New Image College of Fine Arts:


From Studio F/X:
And finally, what you have all been waiting for, my haul. 
From MUFE:
 From NYX:
 From Royal & Langnickel:
Now what would you like to see me review first?

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to read your review for the NYX foundations!
    Looking at IMATS hauls always make me weep. I simply must go next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED your post! I did chuckle when an Asian girl won 1st place - must be her makeup obsession paying off, lol!

    Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those makeup artists are talented and they're only students! Amazing work. I would love to hear what you think about the MUFE compact. ^^ Thanks for sharing the IMATS pictures.

    ReplyDelete