Monday, June 25, 2012

L'Oreal Miss Candy/L'Or Electrique Color Infallible swatches

18/05/2013 EDIT:
The Canadian version of the Miss Candy collection is different to the US version. For swatches of the Color Infallible eyeshadows that were released with the US Miss Candy released in Spring 2013 visit this post HERE.
Yes, it's that time again folks, yet MOAR Color Infallible eyeshadow swatches! I've finally found my DSLR cable so I've reswatched Magnetic Coral, Metallic Lilac and Cosmic Black so you no longer have to look at the horrid cellphone photos from before.
I still don't know if this collection is called Miss Candy or L'Or Electrique. L'Oreal Canada still hasn't updated their website with any information on the new releases. Some countries have released all the shades as one collection and some have released them as two separate collections. The Tines are just as confused as you.
In Canada, the new release consisted of: Magnetic Coral; Pepsy Coral; Innocent Turquoise; Metallic Lilac, Tender Caramel and Sassy Chamallow (a.k.a. Sassy Marshmallow). At the moment, Pepsy Coral is exclusive to Canada and France and Tender Caramel is exclusive to Canada and Italy. An extra colour, Cosmic Black, was released in Hong Kong and France.
To see a list of every Color Infallible ever released, please visit my comparison list.

Swatches from left: Sahara Treasure; Bronzed Taupe and Tender Caramel.
Tender Caramel is not as golden as Sahara Treasure and not as dark or as brown as Bronzed Taupe. It's as if those two had a love child and the result was Tender Caramel. I also hereby give everyone who pronounces caramel as "KAR-MILL" stank eye.

Swatches from left: Flashback Silver; Metallic Lilac; and Sassy Marshmallow
Sassy Marshmallow is the lightest of the lot, it's what I would call a true silver, in that it is neither too blue or too dark. If you look closely you'll see that Sassy Marshmallow has pink and blue bits mixed in with the base colour, unfortunately those do not show up at all in swatches. I'm uncertain as to why Canada decided to rename it Sassy Chamallow. What is wrong with Marshmallow??! What the heck is a "Chamallow"?! The Tines reckon that a "Chamallow" is some sort of new Pokemon - perhaps a Charmander and Jiggly Puff mix. Metallic Lilac is the darkest of the lot, it reminds me of MAC Smoke & Mirrors and isn't what I would think of as lilac at all.

Swatches from left: Bronzed Goddess; and Cosmic Black
Cosmic Black is essentially Bronzed Goddess but in a black base if that makes any sense. The bronze bits are the same except that Bronzed Goddess is all bronze but Cosmic Black is bronze in black. Yeah, I am truly awful at describing nuances in colour and should really quit trying to be a beauty blogger.

Swatches from left: Magnetic Coral; and Pepsy Coral
The Tines are not quite sure why L'Oreal released two such similar colours. Yes, Magnetic Coral has fuchsia bits mixed in the coral base and Pepsy Coral has golden bits, but swatched it looks EXACTLY THE SAME! If you look at it from a certain angle you can sort of see that Magnetic Coral has wee bit of a purplish sheen and Pepsy Coral is slightly lighter but who is going to look that closely? Buy one or the other.

Swatches from top: Naughty Strawberry; and Innocent Turquoise

Naughty Strawberry is more raspberry than strawberry. It is fuchsia (blargh!! does anyone else struggle to spell that word as much as I do?! I have to spell check it every time I write that word and it's always wrong!) with golden particles mixed in. Innocent turquoise is very light and might be more aptly described as "aqua" by someone with a bigger colour vocabulary. You really have to pack it on for the colour to show but I don't think it'll ever be the same intensity as it is in the pan. I'll be interested in seeing if Endless Sea is more pigmented.
The new generation of Color Infallibles seem to have taken a page out of Armani Eyes to Kill's book, the addition of different coloured particles into the base colour give these new Infallibles a complexity and depth that wasn't seen in previous releases. At around 1/3 of the price of Armani, you can't really go wrong with trying these out.

18 comments:

  1. I love the brown shades in the 2nd picture <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the second pic as well! Lovely brown shades ^_^.

      ♥Crazy Pop Lock♥

      Delete
  2. The silver blue shades are absolutely gorgeous. I've always been partial to blue and silver eyeshadows, thanks for sharing! Probably going to go buy myself some now. Loved your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I have no opportunity to ever wear silver eyeshadow :( I'm glad I enabled you to buy some!

      Delete
  3. This is really very helpful! Sahara Treasure and Cosmic Black are next on my list. Love, love, love the Color Infallibles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I broke your blog by giving it stank eye when I read the word 'KAR-MILL'.....it suddenly went to a 503 error literally as I was reading!.....

    Thankfully when I stopped stank-eyeing and hit refresh your blog came back.

    Wowwwwwwwwww........cosmic black is so pretty! O_O And magnetic coral.....ahhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bwahahahahahahaaaa!!! Dude I couldn't believe my ears the first time I heard someone say that, I even asked them to repeat themselves a few times!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. let me know if you want me to raid another display for you!

      Delete
  6. Lol your humor cracks me up. I literally LOL-ed at the Tender Caramel love child comment! Every time I read Pepsy Coral, I kept thinking Pepsi. =X I also misspell fuchsia a lot, usually as "fuschia." *smacks forehead* When will I learn. I'm jealous, I wish the US would have Tender Caramel and Sahara Treasure, let alone one of the corals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you want me to CP them for you!

      Delete
  7. Lovely swatches. I have quite a few of these but stopped buying them until I find a better storage solution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a problem The Tines also have. We are fast running out of space!

      Delete
  8. The last part of the post really caught my attention....these 2nd generation infallibles are really like the GA eyes to kill eh? I'm impressed...This goes on my shopping list when I head to NYC next week!! Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The US have different colours! Also apparently Harmons have them for $5.99 each which is the cheapest I've seen them. Enjoy NYC!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip...$5.99 is seriously cheap...will see what colours the US has too...Miss Sakura Lovely just offered to get me some Euro/Canada ones...pepsy coral and tender caramel are so gorgeous...

      Delete
  9. Wow thanks for the review! I always want to get different colour eyeshadow with good pigment. I have one loreal infallible in gold but i love the other colours you showed as well.

    http://kreamiblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved/got your description of the difference between Bronzed Goddess and Cosmic Black. The only thing I can ad after A/B-ing them is that they are basically the same antique gold, but Bronzed Goddess is in a green base and Cosmic Black is in a black base, as you stated. As much as I love them both, I love Cosmic Black better. I just wish I could get that one here in the US. I had to get that from Ebay Australia and the shipping charges were horrific!

    ReplyDelete