Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Majolica Majorca Blood On Cheek and Lip Colour review and FOTD

When the other half of the Travelling 'tines came back from her Asia travels, she smuggled with her person a bustling cache of smuggled goods for this tine. Yes, I'm "this tine" and she's "that tine". Sometimes we switch it around and she's "this tine" and I'm "that tine". Baanaanaa and Potayto.
Anyway! Inside the beautiful tin with the morbid name lies a rather alarmingly red gel blush. The texture is not unlike C.O. Bigalow's Rose Salve, maybe just a smidge harder. Whilst it looks rather intimidating in the pot, on skin diffuses into a sheer natural flush.
Having barely mastered cream blushes, I knew I was tempting fate with a gel tint. Applying with fingers made a big mess of my foundation, so in the end I used my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush which always makes short work of applying and blending cream type products. The result is a very natural, I-just-came-in-from-a-romp-in-the-cold flush.
The finish is non-sticky but doesn't ever really dry down completely so setting with a powder is imperative. I actually quite like layering this under my No. 13 Laduree Cameo Blush.
My only quibbles with the product is that: a. I'm not really fond of the balmy finish; and b. lasting time is like 3-4 hours max.
Verdict: A nice little multi-tasker but not really for girls with oily skin or for those who want long-lasting wear.
On me, it swatched more raspberry than red.
FOTD with Blood On on cheeks and lips. Sorry I am going through a bit of a spotty phase right now.
Never take yourself too seriously.
Products used:

15 comments:

  1. Lovely! You look very pretty.

    Is the Majo Majo thingy scented?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks beautiful on you! And love the packaging. :)
      LOL! Majo Majo thingy! I'm dying! XD

      http://beautyandthecheap.blogspot.in/

      Delete
    2. It's not scented!! Or at least I haven't been able to find any discernible scent. Although I haven't been able to smell anything properly since...oh beginning of May?

      Delete
  2. Lovely! Looks good on you, girl!

    p.s.
    Someone needs to tell me how to pronounce this brand's name... -_-'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I probably murdered the name twice but the way I say it is "Mah-jolly-ka Mah-jor-ka".

      Delete
  3. OOOOOOOOOOOOOO what a pretty judgy! Very nice on you! Shame about the wear time but it is PURRTTYYY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know it could be worn on lips, hehe. I agree that it sounds and looks a bit terrifying in the pan but you pull it off well. I love that it looks more raspberry and it's so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I only found out you can use it on lips when I read the back of the packaging and saw "Cheek and Lip colour".

      Delete
  5. It looks great on u! ^___^ its a lip product too? :O love how multi-useful it is ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks gorgeous on the lips too! I am liking all your recent posts on local events. Beautiful pics!

      Delete
  6. It looks good on you...I love the second picture of you winking! I feel the same about blood on...it's good for when I just need to slap some stuff on my face to look less scary for an errand day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it's definitely scary in the pan but like everyone said, you pulled it off. Maybe keep it for the winter, the balm might do wonders for winter skin. (You might look a bit like an elf because people usually get paler in the winter) But at least it won't be too oily. :)

    ReplyDelete